Thinxtra has had a crazy first year, growing from a start-up and evolving to become the Asia-Pacific “IoT Powerhouse”, now operating three nationwide networks dedicated to the Internet of Things.
Here are some of our highlights from 2016:
• Raised $11.5M, and now raising an extra $20M to finalise the rollout of the Sigfox network in Australia and New Zealand and expand to Asia
• Opened subsidiaries in New Zealand and Hong Kong
• Signed up major deals for over 1.3 million connections on the Sigfox network and capturing over 50 million potential connections in the pipeline
• Rolling out IoT networks, and reaching coverage of 68% of the Australian population and 83% of the New Zealand population in less than 9 months
• Growing from 6 to 27 staff, with a board of directors that includes 5 directors from major companies (Rakon, Engie, Macquarie Bank, Bupa)
• Received historic backing from the Government of South Australia to achieve full State rollout, for the benefit of regional and rural economic development
• Signed up 100 local ecosystem partners (platform suppliers, device makers, system integrators and consultants)
• Signed up 5 universities in ANZ to develop IoT solutions and educate students on LPWAN technology for IoT
• Participated in and supported 2 IoT hackathons where the winning teams all used Sigfox connectivity
• Demonstrated the first Sigfox- based water pulse meter in Australia at the Australian Utility Week in Sydney
And 2017 will be even bigger! Here is a teaser of what is in the works:
• Committed to finalising the rollout of the Sigfox network in ANZ and HK to cover 95% of the population by December 2017
• Launching Coverage-as-a-Service to cover remote areas (for smart farming, smart mining and environmental monitoring)
• Launching Xkit, our own Sigfox global development kit
• Launching Xcubator, a new IoT Incubator Program
• Announcing additional countries as we expand into Asia
• Opening sales offices in VIC, SA, WA & QLD
Meanwhile the Sigfox global network has also been growing in leaps and bounds, now reaching 30 countries and on track to reaching 60 countries by 2018, making it the undisputed leader for IoT and LPWAN worldwide.
To our ecosystem partners and customers, thank you for coming on this journey with us and sharing our vision!
Xciting times ahead!
The Thinxtra Team wishes you an Xtra Merry and connected Xmas!